I love to analyze, understand and invent. Show me a puzzle and I’ll keep turning it over until I have a practical working model of how it works and what it’s good for. Give me a nudge and information will come bubbling your way, be it the real-world practicalities of knowing and using your values, the science of weather changes, how to make a crack-free white chocolate cheesecake, or what kind of payment options result in the best sales conversion rates.
The best part about being a compulsive researcher is translating techno tidbits into easy-access information that can inspire and encourage others. Motivation fascinates me, and I am honored when I am a part of inspiring others.
I have been online since 1992, when household Internet access was a technical frontier. Though today’s Internet access is as commonplace as a newspaper subscription, many small businesses have yet to develop a quality Internet presence. What an opportunity!
- Eyes on prize, hand on heart, feet solidly on the ground
- Remember the world is only a mouse-click away.
- Make focused, reachable goals. Plan your work and work your plan.
- Open your mind, think big, work hard and be a good neighbor.
AbleReach Web Development was inspired by my philosophy that the Internet has become an international front porch. Although a domain is focused towards a specific client’s needs, the moment a site is online there is a possibility of being seen nationally or internationally.
It used to be said that no one person is more than seven acquaintances from anyone else in the world. Today, with two or three clicks of the mouse we all become neighbors. Websites can be only a few links away from being accessed anywhere, any time, by anyone.
Values and Experience
Question: What makes my day?
An Elizabeth Able answer: Providing neighborly encouragement that helps readers understand Internet practicalities, good and bad design, quality content and the potential of the World Wide Web.
- Microcredit Advocacy – I have been a certified member of Washington State’s inspirational and revolutionary microcredit group, Washington Cash. If you’re not lucky enough to live near Washington Cash, head on down to your local SCORE or Small Business Administration
- Teaching Entrepreneurs – I am experienced in teaching Basic Internet Marketing and Web Development Readiness.
- Building Community – Participation in many Internet groups over the years, on topics from homeschooling to psychology. Among others, I am currently active in MarketingProfs and the incomparable Cre8asite Forums. I am blessed to be the Cre8tive Flow blog editor.
- Accessible Site Design – Designer and manger of the Louis Braille School web site and blog. Extensive work on the founding of the site for the school’s predecessor, the Louis Braille Center, and creation of its youth-centered Second Saturday Newsletter.
- Favorite Criticism From a Client – “Elizabeth, you have given me too much to work with!”
- Favorite Light Bulb Moment – “I hire my customers? Do you mean that my site can focus on only what I want to promote?”
- Favorite Quote – “Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right or better.” –Updike